Why do you need a reliable password
When you first use the iPhone menu automatically proposes to set a password consisting of 6 digits. This step when you first set up the phone, you can skip and return to it later. And you can set a password, and then in the settings change it to a more complex (alphanumeric) password. In any case, the algorithm is the same and in the case we will clearly show how to put a reliable password.
If you do not install a password in general, then all the information stored on the iPhone will be available to anyone who will fall into hand. But after installing the password code, you will have to enter it if you unlock the iPhone, as well as when it is turned on and rebooted, updating the software, erasing, viewing and making changes to the password settings, as well as installing the IOS configuration profiles. Protect all these operations password is really important. And if your iPhone model has the Touch ID function, it will simplify the permanent entry of the password for you, because with the "Reading" function to enter a complex, but a reliable password code will have to be in exceptional cases.
Go to the "Settings" menu
The first step is to search the "Settings" icons. Find and go.
Select "Touch ID and Password" or just "Code Password"
In the "Write" menu, find the "Touch ID and Password" or just "Password" (if you have an older model).
If you have already installed a password, then after pressing the system will ask you to enter it.
Click on "Enable Password Code" or "Change Password Code"
Find the Enable Password menu item (if it has not been installed), or "change the password code" (if it was installed).
If you have already set a password, then for the next step it will be necessary to introduce it again.
Determine the "Password Parameters"
After entering the installed password, "Password Parameters" will appear above the numbers. Click on this inscription.
And select "Arbitrary Code (Letters + Figures)". This is the most reliable view of the password!
Enter the password code
Come up, enter, and Main, remember your password!
Confirm (Enter Repeated) Your new password.
Right in the corner, press the blue inscription "Ready". Your new password is installed.
Please note that if before you have a numeric password, the input field and the appearance of the password input itself will change. It is convenient, as it immediately reminds that you left a slight password to more complex and reliable.
Previously we reported that Apple will delay the outflow smartphone .
Cases on the topic:
How to choose a functional smart watch
How profitable to buy electronics in the online store
HelpCase. - rational solution to any life situation. Subscribe , Like and share with friends!
Even in iOS 9, Apple has improved the lock screen security by providing users with the ability to install a six-digit password or a more complex unlock code. But not to all owners of the iPhone or iPad liked this option and, of course, I want to return the old, less reliable, but much more convenient four-digit code. In this material we will tell you how to do it.
♥ on the topic: How to remove badges (red mugs) notifications on the icons on the iPhone.
How to install 4-digit password on the iPhone or iPad
1. Open " Settings »IPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
2. Go to section Face ID and Password Code or " Touch ID and Password Code "Depending on the device
3. Enter unlock code.
4. Tap by " Change password code "
5. Enter the old code password.
6. The default iPhone or iPad is offered to enter a six-digit password, but if you click at the bottom on " Password Parameters "The additional options will appear on setting up this security item:
- Arbitrary code (letters + numbers) - the most complicated, reliable and less comfortable option for unlock code;
- Arbitrary code (numbers) - any number of numbers in the password;
- 4 digit code - Old one preferred by many options, dated Apple in a less available menu. Choose this item.
7. Enter a new four-digit password code.
The safety of its data for any owner of the iPhone is very important. Provide its standard phone functions, including the installation of a password to unlock.
Turning on the password on the iPhone
The iPhone offers its users several stages of device protection, and the first of them - a password to unlock the screen of the smartphone. In addition, for this task, you can use your fingerprint, whose settings occur in the same section with the installation of the password code.
Option 1: Password Code
Standard protection method used also on Android devices. It is requested both when unlocking an iPhone and shopping in the App Store store, as well as at the tincture of some system parameters.
- Go to the iPhone settings.
- Choose a section "Touch ID and Password Code" .
- If you have already installed a password before you have already been installed, enter it in the window that opens.
- Press "Enable Password Code" .
- Come up and enter the password. Note: By clicking on "Password Parameters" It can be seen that it can have a different look: only numbers, numbers and letters, an arbitrary number of numbers, 4 digits.
- Confirm your choice by typing it again.
- For final configuration, you must enter a password from the Apple ID account. Click "Further" .
- Now the password code is included. It will be used to shop, set up the smartphone, as well as its unlocking. At any time, the combination can be changed or off.
- Pressing "Query Password Request" , You can configure when it will be required.
- Sliding the toggle switch on the contrary "Data Erasing" Right, you activate the removal of all information on your smartphone with an incorrect password input more than 10 times.
Option 2: Fingerprint
To quickly unlock your device, you can use a fingerprint. This is a kind of password, but using not numbers or letters, but the data of the owner itself. The imprint reads the button "Home" At the bottom of the screen.
- Go to "Settings" Devices.
- Go to section "Touch ID and Password Code" .
- Click "Add a fingerprint ..." . After that, attach your finger to the button. "Home" And follow the further instructions that appear on the screen.
- Up to 5 fingerprint is added to the iPhone. But some craftsmen were able to add 10 prints, but the quality of scanning and recognition is significantly reduced.
- With the Touch ID, your purchases are confirmed at Apple Apple Store, and also unlocks your iPhone. After moving the special switches, the user can configure when this function will be used. If the fingerprint is not recognized by the system (which happens quite rarely), the system will ask you to enter a password code.
Option 3: Password on the application
The password can be installed not only to unlock the device, but also on a specific application. For example, for VKontakte or WhatsApp. Then, when trying to open them, the system will ask you to enter a predetermined password. How to configure this feature, you can find out the link below.
Read more: We put a password for the application in the iPhone
What to do if forgot password
Often, the owners of the iPhones put a password, and then can not remember him. It is best to write it in advance somewhere else so that such situations have not happened. But if it still happened, and you urgently need a smartphone to work, there are several solution options. However, all of them are associated with the discharge of the device. About how to reset the iPhone, read in the next article on our website. It describes how to solve the problem using iTunes and ICloud.
Read more: How to complete the full iPhone reset to restore iPhone
After reset all data, the iPhone will restart and starts the initial setup. In it, the user will re-install the Password and Touch ID.
READ ALSO: Password recovery from Apple ID
We looked at how to put a password code on the iPhone, configure the Touch ID to unlock the device, and what to do if the set password was forgotten.We are glad that you could help you solve the problem.
Describe what you did not work. Our specialists will try to answer as quickly as possible.
Will this article help you?WELL NO
Tired that close people without resolution browse your personal photos or messages in your iPhone? Or do you want to protect yourself in case the smartphone is lost or someone will drag him? Whatever it was, but once you are on this page, then the question is: "How to put a password on the iPhone?" relevant. Well, let's not tomorrow and let's go to the point right away.
To put a password, first of all you need to go to the menu Settings , from there go to the tab Maintenance , and then - Password protection (For models with Touch ID: Settings - Touch ID and Password ). Password protection should be activated by pressing Enable password . After that, the "smart" phone will ask you to enter a pre-invented password consisting of only 4 digital signs. It will take, to confirm your intentions, repeated password. Now everything, you have successfully put a password on the iPhone. With each blocking of your iPhone, it will require the input of the correct password.
For devices Without touch ID :
For devices With Touch ID :
On the menu Password protection (For models with Touch ID: Touch ID and password ) You will be waiting for many more interesting settings, some of them would be useful to James Bonda himself. You can go from time to time to the section Change Password And appoint a new one. Just before installing a new password, it is better to write it somewhere in the notebook so that at first it is not confused. This procedure is desirable to spend once every three months so that you will certainly protect yourself and your data in the iPhone. Next goes Password request . Here is the request time for entering the password. For reliability, install shorter intervals.
And finally - the most reckless! If you are a secret agent or in a smartphone are stored exclusive materials, exposing some major financial torment, the function to erase the data will be by the way. Wearing that someone is very persistent trying to choose a combination of a password number and still fall into the heart of your smartphone? There is nothing easier, activate the function and already through 10 unsuccessful password input attempts, all data stored in the iPhone self-seer.
Keep all your passwords on paper in the most reliable place, and better - in my head :).