The content of the article: Cough System. It occurs when the air paths are exposed to These or other agents of infectious or non-infectious origin. Follow emphasize that this is not a disease, but a symptom of certain pathology (their There are more than 50), from a banal cold, to serious heart diseases. As a rule, cough passes within a few days after cure the main disease, however, often in the clinical practice doctors meet Cases when it is delayed indefinitely. In the case when Cough lasts more than three months, it signals that the disease has moved The main reasons provoking the development of a protracted, long non passing cough one. Chronical bronchitis. 2. Cigarette smoke). 3. Defeat of pulmonary structures. four. Violation of the cardiovascular system. five. Bronchial asthma. 6. Of course, no one will argue that the protracted, long non-passing cough is Serious problem for man. This condition does not only violate the normal Sleep and significantly worsens the quality of life, but also can provoke development such negative symptoms as headaches, visual disorders,
- This is one of the unconditional reflexes, characteristic of organisms having nervous
In chronic form, and such a state requires immediate treatment.
Bronchitis smokers (disease resulting from regular inhalation
The presence of benign and malignant tumors.
The content of the article:
System. It occurs when the air paths are exposed to
These or other agents of infectious or non-infectious origin. Follow
emphasize that this is not a disease, but a symptom of certain pathology (their
There are more than 50), from a banal cold, to serious heart diseases.
As a rule, cough passes within a few days after cure
the main disease, however, often in the clinical practice doctors meet
Cases when it is delayed indefinitely. In the case when
Cough lasts more than three months, it signals that the disease has moved
The main reasons provoking the development of a protracted, long non passing
Defeat of pulmonary structures.
Violation of the cardiovascular system.
no one will argue that the protracted, long non-passing cough is
Serious problem for man. This condition does not only violate the normal
Sleep and significantly worsens the quality of life, but also can provoke development
such negative symptoms as headaches, visual disorders,
Dizziness, urinary incontinence and excessive sweating.
not passing cough is a very serious signal that requires medical
interventions. First of all, in such a situation, the patient is appointed
Radiographic examination. In the case when the x-ray is not detected
Other diagnostic procedures are prescribed by the patient,
Allowing to find out the true cause of the pathological condition.
What to do with a long cough associated with the pathologies of respiratory
All the cause of the protracted cough is the pathogens of bacterial and viral
Nature penetrating the body through aerial paths. In this situation
A person with a strong immunity copes with a disease independently. T.
same time when weakening the immune system, it is shown to be applied
Antiviral or antibacterial drugs. If even with adequate
Cough treatment for a long time does not pass, it can signal
provoking factors affecting the duration of negative symptoms. TO
It includes smoking, dry air, irritating mucous membranes of the upper
respiratory tract, insufficient fluid consumption in the process of treatment
colds, as well as the possibility of accession of secondary infection
or the development of complications (pneumonia, bronchitis, tracheit, etc.).
children cause the development of a protracted cough, sometimes leading to vomiting, maybe
COALLSH (in adults this disease is very rare, only with strong
Weakening immunity). Also provoke a long-lasting cough
Children can cort and false croup. In this situation, in no case should
engage in self-medication, as it can harm the child and aggravate him
Of the most terrible diseases, causing a long non-passing cough
is tuberculosis. It should be noted that today this dangerous
pathology detect not only among low social levels, but also among
rather respectable and secured people. This is explained by
There are many factors provoking the development of this disease,
Starting with defective nutrition, low hygiene culture and bad conditions
life, and ending with constant nervous tension and long-term stress
situations. Today, the science knows a lot of drug-stable forms
Tuberculosis leading to death
Exodus. That is why with a long time not undergoing cough required
Examination by the doctor.
tonsillitis, pharyngitis, tracheites and laryngitis can also cause
Load cough. At the same time, viscous is constantly accumulated in the patient's nasophal
The mucus, from which he tries to free themselves with the help of cough movements. For
identifying the pathogen provoking the development of the disease, the patient
It is recommended to hand over bacterial sowing on the microflora and sowing
The sensitivity of the detected pathogen to antibiotics, after which it becomes
neoplasms in the respiratory bodies can also cause a long time
passing cough. Therefore, if such a state is worried about the patient during the day and
At night, he should immediately undergo a complete diagnostic examination,
Including to pass the blood test to oncomarkers, as well as, if necessary,
Make bronchoscopy and magnetic resonance tomography.
What to do with a protracted cough not related to inflammatory processes
not passing cough arising due to various allergic reactions -
This state that is not associated with inflammatory processes in the upper
respiratory tract. Cause the development of cough reflex can seasonal allergy
On pollen of some plants (pollinosis). In this situation, do not
- Passing cough can occur against a background of runny nose, sneezing, tears and
- Others characteristic of allergies symptoms.
- In order to provoke a tightening cough can allergic on dust mites,
- living in bedding, some foods, homemade wool
animals, fluff, pen, etc. To find out the true cause of such a state and
To find the provoking of his allergen, should appeal to consult
an allergist who, after samples, will give recommendations and, with
need, appoint adequate treatment.
from the most severe diseases leaking on a long non-stopped
The cough and attacks of suffocation is bronchial asthma. This pathology,
arising due to allergies, imminent impairment and malware failures
Systems requires compulsory medical correction.
Invasia is another reason for the occurrence of a protracted cough. Provoke
Such a condition may be larvae ascarides or Ankilosters migrating in small
- circle of blood circulation, with blood penetrating bronchi and light and
- Dry adsatory cough.
- A long non-passing cough occurs due to the use of household chemicals
(Washing powders, chlorine-containing agents, etc.). In big cities cause
The emergence of an allergic cough can become exhaust gases. However,
The tightening cough can provoke an abundance of toxic substances in
Building materials, various plastic products, etc.
people working in harmful production may be chronic
professional cough arising due to constant inhalation of suspension These or other toxic substances.
patients suffering from gastro-ezofagal reflux due to throwing
- The throat and esophagus of bile or gastric juice occurs the cough irritation
- receptors, which also provokes the development of cough.
- some patients suffering from cardiovascular pathologies for a long time
- Passing cough may occur due to drug preparations
(ACE inhibitors). In the event that after the cancellation of the preparation cough
- stops, this suggests that he was a cork effect arising from Taking a drug that reduces blood pressure. However,
- Dry tightening cough is often observed in patients suffering from cardiac Insufficiency and other cardiovascular diseases.
- What can be done yourself if the cough does not pass for a long time? one.
- With a long non-passable cough, first of all, you should make sure that it is not It is a symptom of certain serious diseases. Therefore, in such a situation
You need to not delay a visit to the doctor. Especially dangerous cough, which
proceeds against the background of elevated temperature and is accompanied by constant weakness
And quick fatigue. So as not to skip the tuberculosis of the lungs, as well as others
pathologies that can be identified only with the help of X-ray examination,
The patient must be made x-ray, as well as donate wet
In the case when a serious pathology has no person detected, but cough
long does not pass, and it is impossible to eliminate it even with regular reception Beneficial drugs should be performed by the following not difficult events:
First of all, constantly ventilated
premises and, if possible, without having to use air conditioners or
The room in the room should be wet.
For this you need to get a special moisturizer or put in
Room open vessel with water. The fact is that dry air, overpowering the upper
The respiratory tract can provoke cough development.
And finally, with a long time not passing
Coughs should be drunk as much liquid as possible, ensuring the destruction of sputum and significantly improving the overall condition of a person.
Why does not cough passes?
The reasons for which the cough can not be held for a long time. In some cases, such a state is caused by benign formations in the lungs, bronchitis of the smokers, impaired functions or vessels.
In addition to permanent coughing, other symptoms may be present (wheezes in the lungs, runny nose, blood impurities in sputum, feeling of gravity in the chest, etc.).
The most common cause of the protracted cough is asthma. With a given disease, the casing may be disturbed constantly or periodically (in the case of exposure to allergens).
Also provoke a protracted cough may have a non-coined cold, as a rule, such a state is caused by increased susceptibility of the lungs because of what the casing may appear on the reflex level.
Why after an angina does not pass cough?
If after transferred angina coughing does not pass for some time, then there may be several reasons for this. First of all, such a state contributes to a weakened immune system, which is not able to confront both new viruses that attacked the body and "old", unrealized. Sometimes it happens that the diagnosis is delivered incorrectly either Angina proceeded against the background of another disease.
For example, with a viral rinite, the mucus from the nasal cavity falls into the throat, which causes a reflex coupling, thus the body frees the throat from pathological content.
According to external signs, the anell is often confused with viral pharyngitis. You can establish an accurate diagnosis using a smear and sowing. Angina's causative agents are bacteria, and pharyngitis provoke viruses. With angina, antibiotics are invariably prescribed, but such drugs are devoted only for bacteria, and viruses continue to attack the body. As a result, the immune system could not resist the viruses, which leads to the progression of the disease and long-term cough. Viral pharyngitis against the background of inflammatory processes in the throat can cause a dry cough with spasms in the larynx.
Also, caddling can be a sign of rheumatic fever, usually besides coughing concerns breast pain, fast fatigue, shortness of breath, rapid pulse.
If there is no cough for a long time, you need to turn to the therapist and pass the examination, make x-ray, after which the doctor will prescribe treatment.
It often happens that after a cold cough still continues to torment. If the treatment of cough does not show proper results and such a state lasts more than two weeks, then you should not postpone the visit to the doctor. In most cases, the shale is caused by a new infection or a virus, with which the weakened immune system is not able to cope.
Why does the cough take a week?
If the cough does not pass a week, and at the same time there are other symptoms (runny nose, low temperature), then most likely the body struck the usual cold. With timely and proper treatment and with a cold, and with coughing it is quite easy to cope. With incorrect treatment, non-compliance with the mode of either the complete absence of treatment may develop a heavy inflammatory process in trachea or bronchi.
For the treatment of cough in the early stages, it is recommended to make inhalations. For a long time, it is known that with inhalation of warm vapors, a wet environment is formed, which improves the formation and removal of sputum. For inhalations, ragners and drugs of medicinal plants are used, essential oils.
For the preparation of a solution for inhalations you need 1-2 tbsp. Medicinal Plants (chamomile, sage, mint, thyme) pour 400ml boiling water (you can also dissolve several droplets of essential oil in hot water). It is possible to carry out inhalation in several ways: breathe above the mission with the insistency of herbs, covered with a towel, minimize the tube from paper and inhale therapeutic pairs or use the special inhaler.
It is impossible to make inhalations over boiling water, as well as at elevated arterial pressure.
Why does the cough do not take 2 weeks?
Sometimes there are situations when the cough does not pass on the background of the prescribed treatment and continues to torment more than a week. In this case, you need to consult with your doctor, pass an additional examination and, if necessary, pass a new course of treatment.
For a long time, the crosslinking in most cases is caused by a new infection, with which the weakened organism did not cope. The most common causes of protracted cough are mycoplasmosis, pneumocystosis, in more rare cases, cough cause fungal lesions (candids, chlamydia) or tuberculosis mycobacteria.
It is worth noting that improper diagnosis and treatment can give strong complications even with a conventional cold.
Why does the cough take a month?
Moving may appear as the body's reaction to pollen, wool or medication. In this case, we are talking about allergic coughing.
If under the action of allergens cough does not pass for several weeks, then in most cases it goes into bronchial asthma, so it is important to identify and eliminate the stimulus in a timely manner.
- Also, the cause of long coughing can be a respiratory infection, against the background of which the inflammatory process occurs in the almonds, a sip, nasal mucosa, larynx, trachea, bronchi, lungs.
- The cause of a protracted cough in children can be the presence of a foreign body in the upper respiratory tract. Under the parliamentary coughing with deep breaths, you can assume the development of a cough.
- Less often if the cough does not pass a few weeks, the cause is fibrous cystosis, bacterial pneumonia, tuberculosis, tumors in the lungs.
- Why does not cough with a spree?
- The sputum is the release of bronchi and trachea, it may be normal (in a healthy person) and pathological (with the development of certain diseases).
- In the respiratory tract of a person, a mucus is constantly produced, which protects the body from pollutants (dust, small garbage, etc.), and also opposes pathogenic microorganisms.
The color of sputum may vary from transparent to green against the background of the development of various respiratory diseases, various impurities may be present in it (blood, pus, etc.).
- The selection of wet cough is a good feature, since the body is thus getting rid of microbes. To help the body, drugs are prescribed, facilitating expectoration, contributing to the removal of sputum (ambroxol, bromgexine) and restoring the bronchial secret (ACC).
- At allergic coughing, antihistamines (Loratadine, Fexofenadine) are prescribed.
- If the passing does not pass, the sputum is released, and there is no temperature, the reason for such a state can be allergic, heart failure, poisonous substances in the air, smoking, as well as ticks that live in feathel pillows.
- To facilitate the state with a wet cough, you need to drink more liquid, it will help reduce the viscosity of sputum and improve its removal from the bronchi.
- If against the background of treatment, the cough with a sputum does not pass, you need to inform about this doctor and pass an additional examination (blood test, sputum, x-ray).
- Why long does the dry cough passes?
- Mulching without medium is called dry, usually it occurs against the background of various diseases of the upper respiratory tract.
- If dry coughing does not take place for a long time, it is advisable to begin drug treatment. There are several types of medicines, media based on coder and ethylmorphine (codeine, glaucine) have a central effect and suppress the cough reflex, acting on an oblongable brain, preparations based on acetylaminonitropropoxyBenzen (Codelak Broncho, Omnitus, phalia, etc.) affect cough receptors.
As an auxiliary treatment, you can use proven folk remedies, which facilitate the condition with the exhausting dry cough. The most efficient method for the treatment of such a kind of cough is warm milk with drinking soda, such a drink helps reduce cough reflex and improve well-being.
Also 2-3 times a day you can drink decoction of black currant, peppermint, radish juice with honey, anise fruit extract.
- With dry coughing, inhalations with drinking soda helps well.
- Why after pharyngitis does not pass cough?
- With pharyngitis, the mucousness of the pharynx is inflated, it can proceed both in acute and chronic form. Against the background of the disease, dry curves occurs, which is usually enhanced at night and leads to larynx spasms.
- Even after treatment, the cough does not pass, then, most likely the disease has been cured not fully either appointed inefficient therapy.
- There are situations when treatment is terminated independently, even after a minor improvement in the state. Usually in such cases, a person does not want to "strive" chemistry itself and stop taking medication, in the hope that herbal decoctions or strong immunity will help cope with the disease. However, such attitude towards treatment is unacceptable, since after the abolition of drugs, the remaining viruses and bacteria can be stronger than attacking a weakened organism, which will lead to the development of heavy complications.
- Why after laryngitis does not pass cough?
- With Larygitis, the dry cough is worried, without disaggeting the sputum, witnessing voice, usually the disease is a complication of a cold, but may develop and independently, after cold drinks, supercooling, overvoltages of voice ligaments, inhalation of ice or contaminated air.
In the initial stages are inhalation, rinsing, warm drink, drugs for improving expectoration. Usually, a few days later, sputum begins, and the disease gradually passes. In the event that passing does not pass for a long time after recovery, then additional examination is required. Cough can occur with inflammatory processes in the nasopharynx (adenoid, tonsillitis), also a long wet cough may indicate an infection in the lower respiratory tract.
Pneumonia is infectious inflammation of the lungs. At the beginning, the swift is dry, but over time, as inflammation increases in the lungs, it becomes wet, the mumosity of the sputum appears. With pneumonia, the cough does not pass for quite a long time, on average, pneumonia lasts about a month, but after recovery, coughing is a necessity for the body, as it contributes to the removal of the remnants of the mucus from the lungs, usually it is also called post-infectious cough. The duration of the post-infection cough can range from two weeks to several months, depending on the state of the body.
To improve well-being after pneumonia, it is recommended to engage in respiratory gymnastics, as well as take a course of physical.
After treatment, the sensitivity of the cough receptors is reduced, which is why the casing may appear when inhalation of cold air, dust, etc., such a state is the consequences of the suffering infection, but not by manifestation of the disease.
Why does the cough come after a cold?
Cough almost always accompanies colds or viral diseases. As a rule, the symptoms of the cold disappear in a few days, and a week later, the body is fully healthy, but coughing can disturb a few more weeks.
It is believed that hassling after a cold (residual) is the norm, but if it lasts more than three weeks, then in most cases it is associated with the development of complications (pneumonia, cough, bronchitis, etc.).
The acute phase of the disease continues for several days, but during this period, pathogenic microorganisms destroy the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract, which leads to the increased sensitivity of the bronchi. After the cold is often worried about the hole in the throat, light casing, the dedication of a minor amount of sputum. After the suffering disease, a weakened organism takes some time to come back and restore the mucous membranes. During this period, it is necessary to avoid hypoints, it is desirable to drink a course of vitamins.
If after the disease coughing does not pass, it becomes stronger, other symptoms appeared (chest pain, temperature, spatter with purulent or blood impurities, etc.), it is necessary to consult a doctor to establish the cause and eliminate the development of serious diseases.
Why after bronchitis does not pass cough?
After the bronchitis, the crosslinking is observed about half of the patients. Most often, children suffer from residual cough, since they have bronons more vulnerable than in adults, and the recovery period takes longer.
If after the bronchitis does not pass cough, then the reasons may be the following:
Slow recovery process;
- Strong damage to the mucosa of the respiratory tract;
- erroneous or defective treatment;
Allergic reactions (in particular on drugs).
Acute bronchitis occurs on average from 7 to 10 days, but even after visible improvements, bronchms take time to recover.
On average, passing completely passes in two weeks after the bronchitis, provided that the treatment process proceeded normally, and there is no complications. If coughing is enhanced and lasts more than three weeks, a specialist consultation is needed, since such a state may be associated with the development of other diseases (asthma, pneumonia, obstruction of bronchi, allergies).
- Why does not cough passes during pregnancy?
- If the pregnant woman has no cough for a long time, it can lead to severe consequences. During cough, the tension of the abdominal wall and the uterus occurs, as a result, the tone of the internal organs increases. The uterus tone in the early periods of pregnancy threatens spontaneous abortion, in late terms - premature childbirth.
- Moving is usually a symptom of a viral or infectious disease, it may also appear when exposed to irritants (allergic coughing). A strong exhausting cough requires immediate treatment, which should appoint a specialist, taking into account the term of pregnancy, the state of the woman and the causes of cough.
What if the child does not pass cough?
In this case, the crosslinking is not dangerous, usually a child occasionally shakes, a slight teaching of sputum can be observed.
It is worth noting that each organism is individual, and the recovery process in each individual case flows in its own way and sometimes can delay the months.
If the cough continues more than three weeks, the amount of sputum increases, coughing becomes stronger, it is necessary to show the child to the doctor, since in this case the secondary infection can be the development of complications or a strong allergic reaction.
Coughs from cough
If there is no cough for a long time, you can use folk remedies for treatment that will help calm the irritable mucous membrane, improve the process of removal of sputum and speed up the recovery process:
Infusion of dill seeds - take 1C.L. Dill seeds, crowded, pour 250ml boiling water, insist 20-25 minutes. Such an infusion is recommended to drink instead of water throughout the day until complete recovery.
Serum with garlic - 2st. Garlic pour 250ml serum cow's milk and put on fire, immediately after boiling off the fire and cool. Such a decoction needs to drink during the day.
- Honey - has unique anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial actions, with a protracted cough, you can absorb 1Ch.l. Honey several times a day.
- Medicinal decoction - mix in equal parts of the licorice, the root of Altea and nine, take 1 tbsp. Mix and pour the 200 ml of cold water, leave for two hours. Then put on fire, bring to a boil. Cooling and polled decoction to drink in three receptions during the day, the course of treatment is 10 days (every day it is recommended to prepare a new portion). If cumulating continues, a week can be repeated a course of treatment.
- As already noted, coughing is a protective reaction of the body that helps free the respiratory tract from small dust particles, various pollution, viruses, etc. If the cough does not pass for a long time, you need to determine the reason for its appearance. It is worth remembering about the residual phenomena that is observed during the period of recovery of the body and contributes to the purification of the bronchi from the remnants of the mucus. Also, coughing may appear due to the increased sensitivity of the receptors, in this case the shaking is worried about inhalation of cold air, dust or the actions of allergens.
- Long-term swallowing, which becomes stronger over time, is accompanied by abundant sputum release or other symptoms (chest pain, temperature, runny nose, weakness, etc.) requires urgent consultation of a specialist, since such a state may be associated with a serious disease (asthma, tuberculosis) .
- , , , , , 
- Did you know that cough is an important and necessary function of the body? After all, cough is a natural reflex, with the help of which the rotogling, and the tracheobronchial tree, and the lungs themselves are cleaned. And it is often necessary to defend themselves - from dust and smoke, from irritating food, from randomly falling foreign bodies, from accumulating secrets of the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract. It is very important that this maneuver can use the body without a delay.
- According to the statistics of visits in the clinic, at the reception at the therapist and pediatrician, the most common complaint - on cough, and the most hot desire for patients who came to the reception - so that the doctor "listened" to the lungs and bronchi. This is due to the fact that whatever we have been hardened, we constantly overtake seasonal viral diseases that are almost always manifested by a runny nose, sore throat and cough.
- With a conventional viral cold, the cough is most often dry, adsatory. It is caused by either a flow of separated nasal sinuses along the rear wall of the pharynx, the so-called postnasal chapels, or by replication (introduction) of viral structures into the mucous membrane of the trachea and bronchi.
How to treat cough
Since the mucule is irritated when coughing, it is enhanced, thereby the vicious circle is formed: the cough enhances irritation, and the irritation enhances the cough. However, with the correct understanding of the nature of the cough symptom, it is possible to help yourself and close this unpleasant period.
5 receptions stop dry cough:
Moisturize nasal mucosa and larynx using sprays with sea water and warm sparing drink.
At the time of the start of the bias, the cough delay the breath and start counting, for example, to 5, and only then allow themselves to flip off.
You can still smooth out saliva or drink water with very small sips, if you do not want to "harm" for a long time.
When the throat in the throat helps the resorption of lollipops with menthol.
You can distract your child, offering something interesting at the time of coughing.
What is harmful to do if the dry cough is worried:
At this time, smoking even more harmful than usual. Smoking people are recommended to use their painful state and forever throw a bad habit.
- And also overload the body with work and sports. This may cause complications due to the attachment of a bacterial infection.
- Take mercolitics.
- These are medicines and tinkers, growing the production of sputum with a dry cough. It is completely no need to stimulate the work of glassworm cells producing mucus, this is an excessive load for the body, especially since there is data on transamination (distribution) viruses in the shell and tissue in this process.
- Drink antibitals.
- It is ineffective and even dangerous to take such potent drugs as antibiotics if there is no indisputable evidence of the bacterial nature of cough. Preventive intake of antibiotics is also inappropriate, it's like to wear a hat and a scarf in the summer so as not to frozen in winter.
- With a satisfactory overall condition of the patient, dry cough does not require treatment neither by antibiotics or means of increasing sputum generation. However, at the beginning of the ARVI Disease, accompanied by a dry cough, it is appropriate to discuss with the attending physician the possibility of receiving antitussive drugs of central action that affect the cough center in the brain, in order to normalize the rest and sleeping a child or an adult.
- On the eve of holidays with my own patients, there was an extremely unpleasant situation: Mom sought to cure his four-year-old daughter from cough, that instead of the New Year's Eve, the girl was in the hospital with pneumonia. And the reason for this was Mine Fear of the usual cold cough.
The woman did not regret money by buying a medicine for a child and inhalation to enhance wet wet, seeking to translate a dry cough into wet. At the same time, an alarming mother simultaneously began to give funds blocking cough syndrome. The sputum, stiguously released after syrups and inhalation, could not be removed from the body, since other drugs suppressed cough. As a result, conditions were created for the development of pneumonia, fortunately successfully cured in the hospital.
Fear of this mother is understandable and very common, because the coupling person causes the most stormy emotions in those who are near. This is sympathy, and irritation, and even dishes, especially from random travelers in transport. However, the woman very much hurt her daughter, trying to treat cough without observing the doctor.
All antitussive drugs are divided into "for coughing" and "from cough". The preparations "for cough" include musolics that dilute sputum, and expectorant means, which make it easier to eliminate sputum.
- And the medications "from cough", they are also called antitussive, possess the opposite effect and suppress the cough reflex directly in the brain.
- Both groups of drugs may contain as part of not only chemicals, but also vegetable components.
- The most important thing -
- Preparations "for cough" and "from cough" never apply at the same time!
- When to doctor?
- If, against the background of a general satisfactory condition, the cough does not pass within 5-7 days, you should consult with a doctor who will most likely prescribe a general blood test and other surveys to eliminate serious pathology.
- Now there is a tendency to a long period of cough after a viral disease, sometimes it lasts up to 8 weeks. However, if there are no blood impurities or pus in sputum, elevated body temperature longer than 5 days, deviations in laboratory tests of blood and sputum, as well as changes in radiological examination of the chest organs, it is necessary to comply with calm and patiently wait for a safe permission to resolve the process.
- Urgently to the doctor: if one of the listed is present, then a speedy and thorough inspection of an experienced therapist or pediatrician is required.
- So be healthy and respect the cough reflex so that it is easy to get rid of all unnecessary in the respiratory tract.
- Anna Averina
- Photo istockphoto.com
- Dry cough can indicate not only in ARVI or flu. What if the cough does not pass in any way? Before the season, the weather is responsible for questions. The therapist Natalia Kozlova is responsible.
- Natalia Kozlova.
How to determine dry cough?
Any cough is a sharp exhale through the mouth occurring due to irritation of the mucous membrane. The role and dry and wet cough is to purify the respiratory organs from unnecessary smallest substances and get rid of what blocks the nasal passages.
Dry cough is called unproductive, since during its sputum is not released, but a person can disturb the hole in the throat or irritation inside the pharynx. Depending on which disease provokes its appearance, dry cough can manifest itself with different intensity and last less than three or longer than eight weeks.
- Because of what he appears?
- First, the dry cough can be associated directly with the diseases of the lungs and bronchi. It may appear with bronchitis, pneumonia, bronchial asthma, tuberculosis, etc.
- The second category of reasons is wider and not related to light and bronchi. An unproductive cough may indicate problems with the cardiovascular system (for example, it happens in chronic heart failure, pulmonary hypertension), ENT diseases (tonsillitis, pharyngitis, sinusitis are often accompanied by an unproductive cough). It is also found with such infectious diseases as influenza, ORVI.
- There are also household factors that provoke cough - first of all it is smoking that annoys the respiratory tract. This will take the use of household chemicals. Sometimes it can be a side effect when taking medicines.
Regular dry cough may indicate the pathology of the mediastinal organs located between the right and left pleural cavities (heart, trachea, large veins, etc.).
When is the dry cough?
With viral diseases, it can take place for 7-10 days. Nearby cough (more than three weeks) suggests that the disease progresses - and it can be connected not only with the upper breathing paths, but also with the work of vessels, hearts, an endocrine system. Chronic is customary to be bronchospasm - it remains from eight and more weeks. It is often complemented by other symptoms: general weakness, poor sleep, change in psychological state, sweating, urinary incontinence.
The residual dry cough is normal?
Cough can be maintained a week-to-one and a half after the respiratory viral infection transferred, but its intensity should become less.
Frequent causes of tightened after ORVI cough - secondary broncho-constructive syndrome (BOS) or pathology of the upper respiratory tract. Bronchi can be hypereactive, be in a state of constant readiness to respond to any stimulus. The spasm of the bronchi in rare cases may pass without treatment, but it is possible that in the future the launched case can grow into bronchial asthma or chronic obstructive bronchitis.
If a person continues to cough if, on the background of cough, he feels his chest pain, a lack of air or the incompleteness of the exit, inhale, then he needs to consult a doctor.