When an unsightly heating battery spoils the interior, you can solve the problem with several ways: replace it with a designer or in-room model or simply close it with a screen / box. The last method gives several advantages:
- Screen or box not only hides a bulky design, but often decorates the room.
- The screen / box can be used to build an additional console, shelves for decor, benches, rack, desktop.
- The closed battery is safer for children - the risk of burns and random strikes is excluded. However, it is possible to argue with this argument, because it is in the children's room that the heat loss is needed least.
In the children's room, the radiator is worth closing with a pretty lattice with a large number of holes, for example, carved as on this photo
- If the house is too hot and dry, then the closure of the battery will help create a comfortable microclimate for households, their pets and plants.
- The screen does not allow dust to settle in the inside of the radiator and thus simplifies cleaning.
There are cons:
- The heat transfer of a closed battery decreases by an average of 10-15% or more (depending on the degree of closedness);
- Screens and cortica often make it difficult to maintain radiators, and sometimes it is completely closed access to them.
- Often incorrectly closed batteries lead to fogging windows, and then to the appearance of malicious mold on slopes and walls.
- A screen or a box at least a bit, but "eats" the space around the radiator. After all, any elements should be installed at a distance of 5-10 cm from the battery.
- Battery fence requires additional spending and hassle.
Next, we will tell you how to close the heating batteries without prejudice to the heat in the house and show the example 70 photos how to do it beautifully.
How to close the heating batteries - 11 methods from a plasterboard box to a tissue screen
1. Decorative screen / box of HDF
This option is one of the most sought-after due to the average price and beautiful appearance.
What is the difference in the box from the screen? The screen is designed for a battery located in a niche or under the windowsill (in the photo above), therefore, it closes only the front part of it. The box completely covers the radiator on the wall from all sides.
The screen, like the box panel, is made of perforated HDF leaf (high density Fiberboard with a thickness of 3 mm), but the box profiles are made from MDF. Both materials are quite strong, durable and non-toxic when heated.
- Due to the original perforation of the XDF screens / cobes look beautiful and fit into any interiors, especially In classic .
- Heat resistance (the design does not succumb as a natural tree, and does not yellow as plastic).
- Easily collected and installed without the help of specialists.
- Ready-made screens / COODF COOFs can be white or imitate a tree (wenge, beech, oak), and custom and can be painted in any color, laminated, veneered with natural wood. True, the complexity of the design always affects the price of the screen.
- MDF and HDF do not tolerate long-term contact with water. If the battery gives a flow or tube, the box / screen elements can wake up. Therefore, any emergency situations need to be addressed immediately.
- Perforated panels, despite their subtlety, rather strong due to the high density of the Fiberboard. Nevertheless, they need to be protected from shocks and acute items.
- Pumps of perforations in factory screens are not painted, and therefore visible.
Price: From 1,500 rubles for the finished model and from 2300 rubles - for individual order.
- The size of the radiator niches must correspond to the size of the inside of the screen.
- Screens and cobrels for the battery can be as ready (collected as a designer), so made according to individual sizes and design (you can choose a perforation pattern).
Here is a small selection of photos of closed batteries.
Closed battery in the interior of a small kitchen in Khrushchev
Battery screen under the windowsill bar
2. Gypsum Cartridge
How to close the battery of plasterboard? With this material, you can enjoy a radiator with a box or create a niche for it in a false wall.
- Environmental friendliness;
- Can be used in wet rooms;
- Material is available;
- A false wall can be closed pipes, expand the windowsill;
- You can close the battery with a box of plasterboard with your own hands without special skills in a few hours of operation;
- The configuration of the box and false walls can be thought out independently, if you wish to equip it with shelves and niches, additionally closes the pipes supplied to the battery. Next, you can consider the photo of a closed battery in a plasterboard false wall with an enlarged windowsill, a bench and a built-in niche for books.
- The main minus of the drywall box is that this material is afraid of shocks and leaks. If something goes wrong, you will have to completely change the battery trim together with the finish.
- The false wall of drywall for the battery and pipes "eats" the space, as it is taken out by 30-35 mm forward from the extreme point of the radiator.
- As a rule, a box of GK needs to be done at the stage of repair, because his finish must coincide with the walls of the walls.
In the following photos, you can see the ready-made interior of the kitchen with a closed battery and a drywall box during the repair.
Design and manufacture tips:
- Before you close the radiator with a gypsum cabarton, be sure to put it in order: Throw, rinse (this is done at the end of the heating season) and paint. In the future, it will be difficult to do this without dismantling the box or is impossible at all.
- The box can be installed in the floor or "hanging" on the wall.
- When designing the box, keep in mind that the doveshop of the window sill should perform above the box facade at least 30 mm. If necessary, the old window sill should be replaced with a wider.
Visual instructions on how to close the battery and pipes of the false wall made of drywall is presented in the video below.
But a video lesson on how to close the radiator box.
In the kitchen, the battery, together with the windowsill, can be embedded in the headset or bar rack, and in the living room, bedroom and hallway - in the bench, console or rack.
This slider presents a selection of photos of closed radiators under the bench.
- The main condition: in the windowsill / lid above the battery you need to provide enough holes for air circulation, and the facade (if any), which closes the battery to equip with a grid (see photo below). Otherwise, there is a risk of fogging windows and cold indoors.
Sometimes to hide the heating battery, it is enough to make the furniture permutation and close the instrument, say, sofa, chair or console. In order not to break the air circulation, the piece of furniture is better to put away from the battery (at least 10 cm), it is also desirable that it stands on the legs - so the convective streams will not be blocked.
4. Tissue curtain
This disguise method is good for removable housing or when solving the problem of ugly batteries is needed with minimal cost. The advantages of the curtain are obvious: a piece of fabric is inexpensive, and the selection of colors is very large (you can change the "screens" by mood), while the battery always remains available for repair and inspection.
5. Natural wood screen
- Beautiful and expensive appearance even in the easiest performance;
- Environmental friendliness;
- Good heat transfer and ability to accumulate heat.
- Wood Capricious - poorly prepared wood can swell from leaks or swallowed from heat;
- Wooden screen requires special care;
- High price.
Prices: From 3000 rubles for the simplest models and from 10 thousand rubles for wooden premium-class wooden screens.
Here are some photos beautifully closed batteries.
6. Glass screen
The glass screen is an excellent decorator solution, but from a heat engineering point of view is very controversial.
- Design for every taste - the glass panel can be transparent and color, matte and shiny, with sandblasting pattern and without, with facet or polished edges;
- Glass may look neutral or very bright;
- The glass visually looks easily and adds interpreplicity of the interior;
- Ease of care;
- Heat resistance;
- Moisture resistance;
- Absolute environmental friendliness.
- More suitable for modern, not classic interiors;
- "Eats" to 40-50% of heat (infrared radiation);
- High price;
- Fingerprints can remain on the glass;
- The panel does not close the ends of the battery;
- Screen installation most often requires the help of a specialist.
- The battery screen must be made only from tempered glass. Only it will be absolutely safe and shockproof.
- The glass screen is well used in the premises with excessive heat.
7. Metallic box
- Practically do not interfere with heat exchange;
- Low price;
- Easy care;
- Absolute moisture and heat resistance.
- "Office" appearance, which will not fit into any interior.
- The metal screen for the battery may look very pretty if it is to order its production in a firm specializing in laser cutting of metal or forging.
8. Danger or Rattan screen
Most often, under the rotangle blade, they mean a mesh of artificial rattan, woven from cellulose-based fibers with the reinforcement of kapron thread. Artificial rattan is very similar to natural, but unlike it is more practical and is to be painted in any color. Screens from natural rattan have natural beauty and durability, but cost 2 times more expensive, and it is much more difficult to find them.
The advantages of the screen from "Rattan":
- Environmental friendliness;
- Beautiful view;
- Good heat transfer.
- Artificial rattan weaving is rather dense, which can affect the heat transfer;
- The screen must be protected from water.
Prices: from 1700 rubles (artificial rattan screen).
Rotanges (and artificial, and natural) can be used to make the screen for the battery with your own hands. To do this, it is necessary to assemble a box with a frame on the corners, to attach the grid on the inside of the frame, then install the box on the radiator using brackets.
9. Hinged metal screen
The metal structure consists of a lid and screen and hangs on top of the battery without fixing.
- Simple installation;
- Simple disassembly, which makes it easier to maintain the radiator;
- Profitable price;
- Does not reduce the efficiency of the battery.
- Battery ends remain visible;
- Almost always hanging screens are lattices without any decorativeness.
- There must be high-quality enamel, not scratching;
- Must hold hard and easily removed;
- Screen metal should not be corrosion.
10. Curtains in the floor
Masking of the radiator with curtains is an excellent idea approved and heat engineering, and decorators. The problem is only that hide the battery under the window behind the curtain, without having fallen into this room, it will not work. Is that a very light tulle hang like this photo.
Battery for curtains in the bedroom
Vertical radiators are hiding especially successfully behind the curtains. If you are equipping the interior from scratch, think about replacing the standard battery for such a model.
11. Plastic panel
- Installation in 10 minutes without a specialist;
- Simple disassembly;
- The ability to independently change the size of the panel;
- Suitable for kitchens, bathrooms and toilets, that is, rooms with high humidity;
- Affordable price.
- It looks simple, without frills;
- Over time, plastic can yellow;
- From heating, low-quality plastic can be released toxic substances, such as formaldehyde.
Prices: from 300 rubles.
- Plastic battery screens are available in basic colors: white, gray, brown, beige. If desired, the screen can be painted in the desired color of alkyd spray paint on plastic;
- Choosing a plastic screen for the battery, make sure it is heat resistance and non-toxicity.
How to close the batteries correctly - technical rules and tips
Before close the heating battery, you must consider several technical nuances:
- Keep in mind that the transfer of heat of the closed radiator is reduced anyway, whatever the disguise method you choose. The main thing is that the change is not essential. Ideally, the decrease in the air temperature in the room should be about 1-1.5 degrees.
- Before you close the battery, bring it in order: Thrust, rinse (this is done at the end of the heating season) and paint.
- Keep in mind that the more dense lattice's weaving, the better disguises the radiator, but the worse he carries heat. Therefore, choosing a screen for the battery, try to look for a golden middle or betting on heat saving.
- For heat losses are minimal, the screen can be put on the legs, and in the center cut the groove.
- Closing the battery, it is very important not to block the convective streams of air, otherwise the room will blow, and the windows will begin to fogging, which will eventually lead to the appearance of mold on the walls. Ideally, the visor of the window sill should perform over the batteries for no more than 30 mm, the top and bottom of the battery must be maximally open.
- Between the battery and the screen there must be a distance of at least 35-50 mm. From the radiator to the floor and to the windowsill should remain a gap of about 60-70 mm.
- To solve emergency situations, it is necessary to provide free access to the radiator. For example, a box grille can be removable, folding (see photo), opening on loops or nominated on profiles.
At a minimum for trouble-free maintenance in good accessibility, there should be: connecting nodes to pipes, valves, thermal heads and threaded connections.
- It is possible to increase the heat transfer by 20-25% by placing the heat-reflecting screen on the wall behind the radiator, for example, fumisol. Often this is enough enough to fully compensate the weight loss of a closed battery.
Support the project - Share the material with your friends in social networks:
How to reorganize batteries that spoil the general view of the interior?
1. Pain the walls and batteries one color, combined with kitchen.
Either shelter inside the panels of the same color as the windowsill and paint the battery to the windowsill and walls around ..
Batteries can be painted in any color combined with the color with the kitchen. But the main mistake of people is, more often than batteries contrast with the walls and they rush into the eyes.
It is necessary to paint correctly, either in the tone of the wall, or with coupling furniture, floor.
Of course, it will be much better if the color of the batteries will coincide with the wall.
2. Make a drawing on batteries.
For example, pencils will be perfectly looking at the nursery, and the flowers in the romantic lady's room.
The drawing on the batteries is made in the summer, however, paint, too, when turning off heat in batteries, with decoupage.
3. Either the drawing is applied using stickers.
But designers do not recommend that you decorate the batteries, they say, it went and such batteries will be good only in the children's room.
4. Although there are exceptions. For example, painting.
Who draws well, can enter the paintings on the wall in the plot. In this case, the picture looks not going and originally.
Bright batteries should be done if the decorations in the kitchen are also made in the style of Khokhloma or inhibit the collecting of these products.
5. Put the screen.
The screen is the best battery cover in the apartment.
There are wooden, metal, plastic screens.
The minus screens are that they collect dust and at least twice a year you need to wash the lattice from dust, periodically vacuuming.
If the screens are incorrect, the air exchange and heat can not go to the house at all. Therefore, if you are going to make a screen on the battery, then make it so that the heat goes into the house, and not remaining inside the screen. Do not remove with the material, the size of the cells. Do not make very small.
Screens need to be selected and installed correctly so that it was beautiful, but the heat exchange was going and there was no dust on the screens.
Screens are also selected in the overall range with walls, balcony, furniture.
Plastic screens look at the interior.
From the advantages of the screens wide-enclosure of the window sill, especially if the screen with him is lying, you can put flowers on the screen, if it is closely closed.
Of the minuses, the screen is incorrectly the selected screen does not let heat heat.
6. Shelf over the battery.
The essence is that you do not close the battery, but do it over it and side of the regiment. Heat comes from the battery well, it does not interfere with anything, and even place is used on the shelf for books and trifles.
6. There is a good way to close the batteries - Screen made of matte glass.
Screens from tempered glass is easy to wash, but from minuses -sen. Yes, and if you want to change the interior, then the screen will also have to change.
But it looks beautiful.
There is still a big minus in glass and metal screens, if you have small children's house, risk injuries.
Close up with cloth.
8. Many mothers in the presence of small children on ready-made screens temporarily Sweet fabric covers.
Covers sew and the case if you left the batteries open, you have no money for screens or they do not let heat, so they did not put the screens, but the batteries are hot or have sharp corners.
9. If the battery is in a niche, you can pull the fabric to the tone of the curtain and hide the battery.
Of the minuses, one times the homemade covers are ugly.
The screens on the battery are made from the fabric. The results passes through the holes on the screen. Such a soft screen can be made if small children are in the house.
10. Many batteries at home are just running, or they sew the curtain tone to the main curtains.
11. The battery decor is sometimes found, and such that batteries and pipes are hiding various decorations, crafts.
This method is very popular in the West or in private homes. Batteries are hidden using built-in furniture.
Very good idea to make a dive in Kona and hide heaters and pipes into it.
Also, the batteries are closed with low cabinets, bedside tables.
Only on the lattice of such a chest can be understood that he is with a secret.
By the way, the regular screens can be made with the shelves, only to do the sewer.
Another option - after repair, hang a beautiful battery of the desired size, forms.
Then you will not need to be extracted additionally.
If you do not have a screen on the battery, this also has pluses. There are several ideas as you can use batteries.
With the house of the cat at home you can make him a sun bed.
If there are small children, the dryer makes the battery, very comfortable dries quickly.
In the kitchen, the hostess often uses towels that do not have time to dry. A small hanger on the battery will help solve this problem.
My channel Useful tips, subscribe. If you like, Likeni, I will be pleased to continue to write advice.
Discuss an article in group vk.
How to get rid of the bug in the croups.
What makes fires for flower beds
9 useful ideas how to use paper clip clamp
How to use old window frames
What is better, cottage in SNT or house in the village?
Where to store an ironing board?
Heating batteries are undoubtedly important for each room designed to stay people. As a rule, the location of heating radiators is always in sight. Therefore, their appearance significantly affects the general type of premises. In the process of repairing or preparing for him, the issue with the appearance of heating batteries should be thought out to be thought out. In the coming life plans do not include repair? - Not trouble, there are solutions and in this case. Thanks to the availability of information, as well as the possibility of acquiring a variety of materials, the decoration of various interior items has become available for everyone regardless of finance and abilities to needlework.
The correct approach to the decoration of the battery is based not only on the aesthetic component, also the functional purpose of the heating device is also important.
A very unsuccessful solution - the movement of warm air is almost completely discharging
Possible options for decor of heating batteries are selected for a number of parameters. To make the result of the work, when solving the issue of selection of heating radiators, should be proceeding from the following source data:
- initial properties of the subject of decoration;
- The style of the room in which the batteries are located;
- Color range of rooms and style of its design;
- Functional destination of the room.
Excellent, if you read this article, you already know what you want. If you have not yet decided how best to do, then, perhaps after reading it, several excellent ideas will still appear. You will also remain to choose a method for converting heating batteries, which is suitable for means and execution capabilities if you want to perform the decor of the heating battery with your own hands.
Beauty to the detriment of heat
With major repairs, the premises can, of course, hide the battery into the wall using a drywall niche device, chipboard or plastic. Ventilation of heat and removal from the battery, in this case, is carried out through the grid, which must be arranged in such a niche. As a rule, such niches are decorated with a grid of chipboard or wood. Selection of both the lattice itself and its framing in the necessary color scheme is possible. Lattices are sold in a large assortment, they are durable and missed heat.
Bench for reading over the battery
In addition, the issue of transformation of heating batteries can be solved by closing them with special decorative screens. Such devices can be installed directly ahead of the heating batteries or run in the attached form.
Hinged screen made of thin wooden rails
Simple wooden lattice painted in wall decoration
Hinged screen from metal slightly reduces heat exchange, it is inexpensive and easily mounted
These solutions can not be called optimal, since a very large part of the heat released by the battery is wasting in this case. The effect of close to the one would have achieved hiding the battery behind the curtains.
Metal screen with openwork design
Any screen design should provide access to heating battery.
At the same time, the closure of heating radiators performs the function of protecting small children from burns. Screens, boxes and niches are beautiful, they can be selected for any interior. This type of decor is used, as a rule, in the living rooms and is an ideal stylistic solution for them. The closing of batteries in children's rooms by boxes and screens is the best solution both based on security purposes and decorative purposes. A panel of wood or chipboard can be decorated with bright drawings and used as a game element.
High Battery Screen Idea
Old wooden shop in the role of a battery in the hallway of a village house
Screen do it yourself
However, the screen for the battery can be done independently. It is best for these purposes such materials like a tree, chipboard or plywood. These materials are advisable to paint in the color of the room. In addition, plexiglas are perfect for these purposes. This material is safe. You can also apply suitable images to paint or decocid decoupage technique.
Make the screen easier from the tree
Deciding on the manufacture of a battery panel independently, you should remember the need to perform holes in it. They are necessary for the passage of warm air from the battery to the room.
Front screen panel is made of 16 mm thick boards
As a lattice, it is convenient to use the perforated panel from the fiberboard, which can be purchased in any hypermarket of building materials
Before the battery you need to install a frame
The front panel of the screen is fixed using selflessness
As a result, it turns out quite attractive design.
Best kitchen solutions
Design kitchens, not as strict as taken for living rooms, gives the will for fantasy. In addition to the above methods, hide the heating batteries, indoors where cooking masterpieces are creating, and designer sings are created on the decoration of heating radiators. The battery and the pipe connecting it with the heat source can be painted in the color of the walls, you can decorate, applying the decoupage technique, and you can combine these two ways.
Painted in the tone of the walls The battery will rush less
Even more effect can be achieved if you paint the battery to the wallpaper
The battery can be replaced by making it part of the art composition.
Many ideas are available online. Taking them as a basis, you can create a masterpiece yourself without any special labor and time costs, decorating the external elements of the heating system with an elegant or cheerful pattern. Decoupage of the battery is the transfer of the pattern from the carrier to the metal surface of the radiator. When decorating a decoupage in the technique, the battery can be decorated using ready-made drawings performed on fine paper (suitable as rice paper and ordinary decorative napkins). Design options are a lot: flowers, decoration under wood, geometric patterns.
Khokhloma painting on the battery of heating
If you have artistic abilities, you can do without ready-made solutions and apply paint images directly to the surface. For such works, heat-resistant paints and varnish will be needed. The latter need to resolve the battery decoupage independently. For decoupage, the glue will also be needed, the usual PVA is suitable.
Battery decor in the bathroom
Not every bathroom has separate batteries, except the one that serves as a heated towel rail. Modern products are quite aesthetic. The need to decorate occurs if the replacement of the battery has not been produced for a long time, in view of which it lost its appearance. The easiest way to give the heating device the presentable appearance is staining. The color of the paint is selected in the color of the room. Of course, the product is thoroughly cleaned. However, the decoupage in the bathroom is also appropriate.
Example of successful battery use as a bright accent
In addition, it is possible to close the battery in the bathroom with a grid that can perform the role of the storage system.
Protective screen with shelves for storage
Battery can be hidden in a stylish locker
Or leave in love, covering the shelf on top
Summing up, it should be noted that the decoration of the heating battery is a creative process. Choosing a method of transfiguration of heating radiators. The main thing is not to rearrange with decorative elements, withstanding the overall style of design of the room. It is also important to take into account that it should not be affected by the basic functional destination of the radiator - the heating of the room during the cold season.
Decor both old cast iron batteries and modern products from aluminum and bimetal. The latter are especially pyllaves for drawing, since external design consists of flat plates, which is convenient to apply the drawing.
Choosing staining, it should be remembered that special paints are produced for heating radiators that are withstanding high temperatures.
Video: Heating radiator mural
Photo: 50 battery decoration options
Beautiful radiator box on brick wall background
Solving the problem, how to close batteries that far from always have an elegant, decorative attractive form, should take into account not only the aesthetic component. What looks beautifully in the photo in practice can lead to a significant decrease in temperature in the house. It is important to consider that in addition to a purely decorative function, the panel (screen, box), helping to re-organize the heating devices, in families with young children, performs a completely important functional purpose, protecting the child both from burn and sharp corners of the battery. Therefore, consider the decor of the battery in the room from the position of three specialists at once - designer, heat engineering and plumbing
How to reorganate heating radiators: designer tips
Problem how to hide in the apartment Radiator And the pipe, the carcinitor, can be viewed in two aspects. The first is the on the eve of major repairs when there is an opportunity (and the need) replace the battery. In this case, you can pick up and install design batteries and then the question will disappear by itself, and the efficiency of heating will not decrease (more about this below). For example, if we are talking about the room in a classic Victorian style, then here without cast iron batteries, powerful, massive, on the stand, with the injection casting, it is not necessary - such radiators will become a stylish part of the overall interior.
Combining the box for battery and shelves in a single design
Beautiful decorative kluts
Hinged wooden screen for heating radiator in a modern interior
Another thing - when the repair does not imply the replacement of plumbing, in this case there are several options, as and how to close the battery.
The easiest option to hide the battery is just to paint it into the tone of the wall, near which the radiator is fixed. It is only necessary to purchase a special paint for painting batteries. This is an option when radiators are suitable for general stylistics of the room.
Cast iron radiators look great in the interior of Venetian style
Painting stylish radiator in red
Screen for battery - The most affordable way to hide the radiator, although it is far from the most aesthetic. There is no need to specifically mount them, they can be installed, just hanging on the heating device. True, closing the radiator itself, they do not solve the problem with the supply pipes. Hinged panel, allowing you to hide the radiator itself, very slightly reduce the level of convection and heat exchange, plus - for the most part they are metallic (although if they hook them, it is not very pleasant to ring).
Hinged screens cheap and easy to install
Such screens are used to hide the heating battery, which is built into a niche. Popularly popular, because they have many options - lattice (the simplest), with a pattern (geometric or vegetable), with thread, for Baroque style Copies with different forging are perfect.
Tip! If the battery is installed in a niche, then by installing a wide windowsill, you can organize near the window workplace .
If the battery is in a niche, then it can be closed with a flat screen
Painting of the radiator box under the color of the wall
Allows you to completely reorganize the entire heating radiator, while this screen on the battery with your own hands is simply made of wood, the diagram is shown in Fig. one.
Figure 1. Screen assembly scheme - box
At the same time, the box may not just hide the radiator unsightly in aesthetic plan, but also to act as an additional element of furniture, for example, standing under vases, shelves, and can be part Stellage or console. Decorative wooden box can be made so that it fully matches the style and decor of the room. Its main drawback is a closed top, which significantly reduces the effectiveness of convection. In addition, the tree dries when the temperature drops. In this regard, the screens (cobes) from MDF, which are cheaper, and more durable are preferable.
Decorative wooden box - perhaps the most aesthetic solution
Wooden box in modern style interior
Tip! If the radiator costs far enough from the wall, then combining the windowsill and box, you can make a bench for romantic sites by the window.
Radiator box with a bench for gatherings
Cheap, but at the same time definitely - not for residential premises, hide the battery / pipe they will hide, but when heated can be allocated dangerous for a person, especially if the panel (grille) is made of cheap plastic "gray" manufacturer.
Plastic lattices to hide the battery
Tip! Plastic screens are suitable for non-residential premises, taking into account the resistance to high humidity - for Sanuzlov .
The glass panel is usually made from translucent thick glass rectangular sheet, which is attached to the wall with steel holders. Giving the opportunity to re-establish the heating device in front, it, leaving the open space from below and on top, does not prevent free air convection. A popular solution is a glass panel with applied photo printing.
Glass screen with the image of the fireplace
Glass screen with a mirror surface in the bathroom
How to Hide Pipe and Heating Radiators: Heat Engineering Tips
The main task of the heating radiator is to heat the room that it performs a combination of two methods. The first - infrared radiation, in which heat is transferred directly to objects that are located in the room. It is this thermal energy that we feel when you bring hands close to the battery. The second method is convection, due to air heating, which, lifting up, displaces the cold, in this way the circulation of air indoors, which leads to a more or less uniform temperature distribution.
If it is beautifully hidden batteries in the house, it will not affect the effectiveness of heating devices
Excellent combination of radiator protective screen and interior style
Therefore, you should immediately decide on the main thing - whatever the way to hide the pipes and radiators in the apartment has not been selected, any battery decor will definitely lead to the power loss of the heater. A simple example - installation of a glass screen almost completely blocks infrared radiation. And the more there will be a solid (without holes) The area pad (screen) on the battery than the "deeper" will be hidden by the battery - the substantia will be losses. Especially unacceptable solid (deaf, without holes) of the box on top over the radiator - because they block the warm air, rising up. In the photo below, just a particularly unsuccessful design designed to reorganize the battery.
An example of unsuccessful battery decoration
On the one hand, it does not fulfill its role to the end - the supply pipe is very clearly seen. On the other hand, very small holes, which significantly reduce the movement (convection) of warm air, and a solid screen (even if metallic) blocked thermal radiation. That is why, from the point of view of heat engineering, the perfect choice is a panel made as a large-scale grid.
In fig. 2 is presented in the context of the almost optimal lattice model for the heating radiator.
Fig. 2. Installation circuit lattice (panel) on the radiator.
Infrared (it is direct thermal) radiation marked with red arrows (3), with minimal losses passes through the grille (g). It is worth paying attention to the thermal insulation screen (a), which reflects the heat (part of the infrared radiation) and, instead of aimless heating of the walls, returns it back into the room.
Cold air (marked with a blue arrow 1), going from below, heats up and rises up. So that the heated air is not stored under the windowsill, forming a heat pillow, blocking convection, set a visor (b), the air guide stream outward. In the upper part, it is also worth installing an injector (two metal plates), which allows you to remove the heated air from the front side of the radiator. It is especially effective, it manifests itself at high temperatures, due to the narrowing at the top, the thrust increases significantly and the volume of vehicles increases significantly. Despite the installed lattice, the aggregate energy efficiency of such a design will be significantly higher than with a simple battery installation near the wall.
Long box will hide not only the battery, but also pipes
Beautiful radiator box can become decor element
Battery with a bench perfectly suitable for the living room
Battery Decor: Plumbing Tips
The second, no less important point is the availability of the radiator and supply pipes. It is no secret that the battery is one of the potential sources of problems in the apartment. Any radiator can give to flow - the reasons for the set, from the hydroudar to poor-quality material. In addition, given the low quality of the coolant (water), it may be necessary to remove the battery to wash it - otherwise, the number actively warming sections will be constantly reduced. So from the point of view of plumbing, the best pad (panel) on the battery should provide free access to the radiator - either not to have a constant fastening, or be appropriate.
Battery decor must provide free access to it.
Tip! At least, it is necessary to put an "revision" (plastic door), which will access the place of supply of the pipe to the radiator - as experience shows, this is the weakest place in the entire system.
How to close the battery - we consider the options for the video:
It is difficult to find a more boring subject in the house than heating batteries. It is absolutely no matter what style is the interior of the room, if the view spoil the unfortunate structures placed in each dwelling room. They can be closed with elements of the decor, but in the presence of fantasy actually come up with an interesting design of an integral attribute of the apartment. With a sustainable financial position, you can purchase elegant radiators of popular brands, which will be kept in any suitable interior style (Retro, Ar Deco, High Tech, Modern, Provence). If the soul asks something unusual, you can create a radiator decor with your own hands.
Making a place to read over the battery at the window
To disguise an unsightly radiator, the heating is made a bench for reading. It will be a stylish bedroom detail. The best option to decorate the battery is the installation of a special neat lattice right under the window. Thus, the heating element will absolutely not be seen: the neat decorative lattice will be mounted instead.
The advantage of such a designer solution is aesthetic moment and practical: thanks to the battery under the windowsill, you can not worry about cold seats in winter. The radiator will warm the place to rest, thanks to which you can comfortably spend time with a book in your hands. The grille is chosen to the total color solution of the interior. The most successful will look white.
Heating battery decor implies the use of various screens. It is important not to overlap the flow of warm air and apply materials that do not lose the main qualities due to the constant effects of high temperatures. Constructions can be mounted and resting on the floor covering. The spectacular design solution is to use the box-box in the form of a couch with the doors. It can be a kind of table. The decorative screen is needed for the reason that the room looks aesthetic.
Most available radiators do not shine aesthetics and have some problems due to functional features. The radiator is a product that is characterized by a complex design and is necessary to provide high heat exchange rates between the battery case and the environment. This element of the interior has two substantial minuses. The first is sharp corners that can be caught, tearing clothes, curtains, dear curtains. The second is an uncomfortable design that is constantly driving dust. Because of this, it is difficult to clean the radiator, and with the impressive cluster of the web he looks ugly. There are two criteria according to which they can be divided into the following: by the type of construction and the material from which they are made.
If you pay attention to the principles of division into categories, then the following will be:
By design, screens are:
|Flat||Such decorative elements are more often used for batteries in a niche, when they are located in the area under the windowsill and framed by the wall. Immediately it should be noted that in the windowsill, ventilation openings must be installed. It is necessary to circulate air from the radiator. Otherwise, the feasibility of mounting the battery will be minimal. At the moment, this type of screen is considered the most simple and affordable.|
|Hinged||Used for radiators that are installed on the wall plane. The screen is mounted on the radiator itself and performs the so-called body. The significant disadvantage of such a design is that radiators must also be calculated on the mass of the screen. When choosing such a design, you need to pay attention to the moment that the screen plane must have holes. This allows warm air to circulate better.|
|Pilot||A more advanced, complex screen design actually framed the battery case. The cost of such a structure is high, which is due to the complexity of execution and expensive appearance. It has several essential advantages, one of which is the independence of the installation relative to radiators, when there is no need to install special hooks.|
By material, the screens are made of plastic, metal, MDF, wood, as well as glass:
- Plastic - Available structures that do not differ in environmentality. During operation, the material will constantly allocate harmful connections. After passing a certain temporary interval, the design will lose its original form. In addition to other characteristics, the screen will change the color to a more faded, unattractive. White will eventually become yellow. This contributes to the heating of the entire design. The only positive points relating to the acquisition of this element of the decor are accessibility, resistance to moisture. Without fears, you can dry on this design wet garments after washing.
- Metal - The advantages of this material include ease, rigidity, strength, environmental friendliness, durability. Screens are suitable for people with average sufficiency. They are made of special stainless steel. If you wish, you can give any necessary color. You can dry wet clothes. Of the essential drawbacks: when damaged the protective coating, the design will start rust quickly, will lose an attractive appearance.
- MDF - from it you can create any interesting forms that will become an interesting interior addition. The material is cheap. It has glue. When heated, the toxic substance will be disappeared and fall into the air indoors. MDF is afraid of moisture, so with time it can be deformed.
- Tree - screens have a spectacular design, but they are short-lived. This applies to cheap designs. Cons: Wood can not contact with a wet environment.
- Glass - designs look spectacular. Due to the fact that they are hardened, the likelihood cut down. Among the minuses of such screens fragility.
Solving the creation of a battery screen with your own hands do not need to forget that plastic is not the best option. It is a bad heat conductor, has a property of changing the original form from the effects of high temperature modes.
Painting ideas do it yourself
Updating the radiator decor is performed in compliance with the style of the interior. Speecually look at the designs painted in the color of the walls. With competent design, you can distract attention from interior deficiencies. As for the ideas of staining, multi-colored sections are used, giving the radiator of the piano type, applying a modular pattern. The main thing is that the type of coloring perfectly fit into the overall concept of the room. To dye the radiator "under the piano" you need to think through everything so that the resulting pattern reminds the keys of the popular musical instrument. It will take two colors of paint: black, white.
Decoupage - Step-by-Step Master Class
It will help to give the radiator a certain chic. Decoupage consists in choosing drawings, subsequently sticking them to the restored surface. The resulting image is fixed with varnish. Today in stores you can purchase special multi-layer napkins with a pattern. Step-by-step master class:
- The battery is cleaned with the help of detergents. Plots with irradiated paint are cleaned with sandpaper. The radiator is covered with paint.
- It is necessary to move to the drawing of the pattern after complete drying of the coloring composition.
- Prepared napkins unfold, cut the desired fragments. Excess paper layers are completely removed. The image is labeled with PVA glue, superimposed on the radiator section. Gently pressed the napkin to the battery. Air bubbles are removed. After drying the paper layer, you can draw the missing items.
- Fully dried image is covered with two layers of varnish.
Decorative grille - master class
For the manufacture of the screen under the niche structure of the radiator, you need to make several steps:
- Production of a template in the form of a picture of the drawing from unnecessary plywood.
- Passage by the template of the electrolovka.
- It is necessary to be treated with a mill. It is important to achieve ideal transitions between the details of the ornament.
- To close the niche with the battery you need to prepare several templates. Depending on the width of the niche, choose your number of fragments.
- They need to sand, cover a special enamel. It is important to make special mounting holes.
- After complete drying, the enamel details are sanded, painted with a necessary column of paint.
- Details are fixed using fasteners.
Fish fireplace - master class
This option is suitable for masking the radiator located in the center of the room. The manufacture of a fireplace occurs as follows:
- It is necessary to prepare a furniture shield, Phaneur with a thickness of 1 cm, the bars of the desired size, a wooden layout.
- You should create an approximate mock of a fireplace that closes the battery. It should be a special square with a window in the center. Design design depends on the preferences of the artist.
- The box is fixed on the wall. Shelves are screwed on fireplace, pre-made from the furniture shield. The whole design can be decorated with special polyurethane plinths.
- Connection locations with self-drawing are put on putty. Okrinate excess, score the surface of the fireplace acrylic paint.
In the furnace you can install a lamp that will serve as imitation of fire. If you wish the niche from above, you can install a garden lattice. The battery should be closed by imitation of stone.
With the help of drywall, you can easily hide an ugly battery. We must have the minimal skills of repair and construction work. The method allows you to completely close the radiator and niche. To mask the battery you need to make a drywall box fixing on metal profiles. It is attached to the wall, all holes from the screwdriver carefully put off, sandwiched. The design is covered with primer, and after - a layer of paint. You need to leave the windows for ventilation, thanks to which warm air will circulate indoors.
If you paint the walls, batteries, pipes into one color, then visually they are alive in one plane. You can use one ornament for design, which will make the latest to get lost on the background. For painting, you can use special stencils (vinyl), which can get the right form. Finishing options A large number: it all depends on the style of the design. If the interior is made in oriental style, you can use a bamboo trunk that allows you to hide the radiator sections. You need to vertically cut the bamboo barrel, open it, paste the pipe there. You can wind up the pipes of a beautiful rope - it turns out an interesting composition.
Application in the interior
Below are the most interesting ideas:
- Living room. You can decorate the radiator with the help of a decorative false fireplace, a special drywall box. It all depends on the fantasy, the style of the interior.
- Kitchen. You can close the heating element with a special screen, which is designed in the overall interior concept. If you wish, it is easy to paint into the contrasting color.
- Bedroom. A decorative lattice will fit here, screen or false fireplace. You can paint the batteries with an interesting ornament or use the decoupage technique.
- Children's An interesting option will be a decoupage in the technique. The child really likes to consider beautiful modular pictures.
Making repairs in the children's room, thought about decorating the battery. I tried to collect various ideas and options for designing heating radiators.
The correct approach to the decoration of the battery is based not only on the aesthetic component, the functional purpose of the heating device is also important.
Possible options for decor of heating batteries are selected for a number of parameters. To make the result of the work, when solving the issue of selection of heating radiators, should be proceeding from the following source data:
1. The initial properties of the decoration itself.
2. The style of the room in which the batteries are located.
3. Color gamut rooms and style of its design.
4. Functional placement of the room.
If you make overhaul, you can, of course, hide the battery into the wall using a drywall niche device, chipboard or plastic. Ventilation of heat and removal from the battery, in this case, is carried out through the grid, which must be arranged in such a niche.
Well, if you have a cosmetic repair (as we did), or you just decided to update the interior, it is more convenient to simply arrange a different heating radiators. The main thing is that the design of your decor ensured access to the heating battery. At the same time, the closure of heating radiators performs the function of protecting small children from injuries.
Screens, boxes and niches are beautiful, they can be selected for any interior. This type of decor is used, as a rule, in the living rooms and is an ideal stylistic solution for them. The closing of batteries in children's rooms by boxes and screens is the best solution both based on security purposes and decorative purposes. A panel of wood or chipboard can be decorated with bright drawings and used as a game element.
Sometimes, even if you simply repaint the battery, it may have to change the view of the room.
I really like the options when the heating battery is combined with a place to relax. So nice to sit on the windowsill with a cup of coffee and a book.
The windowsill, turning into the table and the stands on the sides, is also an excellent option for the children's room.
Heating battery, disguised as a chest of drawers or table with couches, a good option for a small room when each meter is on the account.
We have a pipe in the kitchen and if it is impossible to close it with curtains, then I really liked such a decor.
Here are some options that I hope will be useful to you in the decoration of batteries and give a new appearance, your interior. I will be glad to your comments!